As the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) increases in Australia and Internationally, we want to assure you of our commitment to ensure business continuity and provide a safe environment for our respective employees.
If you have any queries regarding our service, please contact your Sadleirs contact in the first instance.
As part of our planning, Sadleirs employees and contractors have modified relevant business processes to assist in protection from, and containment of, the virus in line with advice provided by the Commonwealth Department of Health.
We are committed to maintaining our service to you and remain confident we are doing everything possible to ensure there is no disruption to our businesses.
You will continue to receive the highest levels of support.
Sadleirs employees and contractors have been instructed to:
- Postpone international and domestic business travel effective immediately. Personal domestic travel may continue subject to further Government restrictions;
- Avoid conferences and conventions;
- Where possible, eliminate face-to-face meetings in favour of Skype, Facetime or teleconference etc.;
- Limit the numbers of attendees in meetings with a 1 metre space between each person;
- Ensure employees suffering from illness are to work from home or take leave;
- Eliminate non-essential visits to Sadleirs sites;
- Ensure deliveries to site, where possible, are processed with drivers to remain in vehicles and we unload without their assistance:
- Segregate groups of employees to respective workplace locations and only work in those areas; and
- Ensure all employees who self-quarantine undertake and provide a fitness for work before returning to work.
Our Australian Operations
All of our offices are fully equipped for remote staff operation and service can be maintained in the following scenarios;
- Partial Staff absence due to illness, with on-site operations being maintained by a skeleton staff.
- Office closure due to area lock down or quarantine
All Sadleirs staff have been briefed on self-isolation and are updated daily on the current situation, as it unfolds, following Health Department and Government guidelines.
Our Overseas Operations
We are also in constant contact with our overseas partners and they are working through their own contingency scenarios to ensure they maintain normal operations for as long as the situation in their countries allows. Whilst their local preparedness and government direction may vary we are confident that the communication channels are open and all freight planning and processes are currently continuing.
As you can understand, due to the unprecedented worldwide situation and individual countries approach to combating Coronavirus, International freight schedules and services have been greatly reduced, altered and affected.
We would encourage you to remain in contact with your Sadleirs representative with regards all aspects of your requirements and indeed your operations as we strive to maintain as close to normal operations in rapidly changeable times.
Rest assured we are actively monitoring the escalation of events, and will continue to review and implement procedures and action plans. We will keep you informed of any changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time to discuss your business activity.