Sadleirs aspires in adopting environmental best practices within the transportation industry by promoting a positive environmental culture for the benefit of current and future generations.
Sadleirs as a national transport operator is committed to managing our operations in a way that complies with all relevant legislation and standards. We will ensure the availability of adequate resources to maintain and continually improve performance.
Sadleirs will continuously identify, assess and manage the elements of our operation that impact on the environment. In line with best business practice we will:
- Minimise pollution and consumption of fuel, energy and water where possible.
- Reduce and dispose of waste with minimal impact.
- Develop and maintain a management system, which establishes responsibilities, targets, monitoring methods and a review process of performance.
- Provide awareness training and where required job-specific training for employees on environmental issues.
Consider environmental aspects in all investment and procurement decisions.
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to introduce programmes that support our objectives and targets where their activities have a significant impact on the environment.
- Consider and respect our stakeholders when managing our environmental activities.
- Support innovation in environmental performance with the involvement of our stakeholders.
Policy Control and Review
All Sadleirs locations display copies of this policy, it is communicated throughout Sadleirs employees and is easily available to all interested parties. The Director of Compliance will approve and communicate any Policy changes.
The Sadleirs Environmental Management System will be audited, reviewed annually and revised taking into consideration, changes in technology, legislation or company requirements.